What you might not know about hypnosis
Hypnosis is natural
Hypnosis is a natural and gently altered state of trance that every human being experiences. You yourself experience hypnosis at least twice every day: in the moments just before you wake up, and just before you fall asleep.
Hypnosis is familiar
Most people move in and out of hypnosis naturally throughout the day without realizing it. For example, do any of these experiences seem familiar?
- You come out of a pleasant daydream and realize that you lost track of your surroundings for a while
- You become so engrossed in an activity that when you finally look at a clock, you can't believe so much time has passed
- You're driving down the highway, and you suddenly realize that you don't remember driving the last 10 miles—even though you drove them just fine
All of these describe spontaneous experiences of the state of relaxed mental focus that we call hypnosis.
Hypnosis is empowering
Hypnosis is a relaxed and relaxing state in which the conscious critical mind shifts temporarily into the background. This creates a state of open, focused attention in which you are more easily able to:
- communicate with the subconscious mind
- integrate positive thoughts and ideas
- access inner knowledge and hidden potential
- experience higher consciousness and the Divine